Pleasant Township Cemeteries
Organized in June 1842
- Brenton Chapel
- Lindlag Family
- Nine Mile - Five Points - Maple Lawn - United Brethren
- St Aloysius Catholic
- St. Marks Lutheran New
- St Marks Old
Google maps are slow to load - wait for colored pins to show
View Allen County, Indiana Cemeteries in a larger map
Click on the violet township pin to see the name of the cemetery or click the link above to see all cemeteries.
Fort Wayne straddles the northern township line with Yoder the main town of rural Pleasant Township.
The Allen County Genealogical Society has a name only index to all county cemeteries through the 1980's publishing date. Check the Allen County Lookup page for a volunteer willing to do lookups from the cemetery books, which are published and for sale by the Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana.
The Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter NSDAR, (National Society Daughter's of the American Revolution) Allen County Indiana Cemetery Project contains transcribed names from the DAR readings in 1932 and ACGSI readings in the 1980's and will eventually have photographs of all tombstones in all Allen County, Indiana cemeteries.
Find-A-Grave may have names, dates, similar tombstone photos, some newspaper obituaries and occasionally additional family information. Obituaries can be found in the Genealogy Center Obituary Index where volunteers will find, photocopy and mail the copies when ordered for a small copying fee. Recent obituaries will often be found online on the Funeral Home web sites or within one year of publication on the local Fort Wayne newspapers Legacy.com site.
Some Google maps on main streets and roads will allow street level viewing if you View the Larger Map and click the little orange person icon. It opens in a new window which you close by clicking the X in the upper right of the window to Exit Street View and return to the map.
Township Trustees are responsible for cemetery maintenance. The Allen County, Indiana government web site has a list of Township Trustees and their contact information. Links to Indiana State laws related to county and township cemeteries are found on our Cemetery page.
Rural cemetery located on the east side of the Coverdale Road, 0.2 mile north of the Ferguson Road
Methodist. Earliest date October 2, 1851. Not in use. DAR page states "The township trustees along with descendants of those buried in the cemetery erected new stones that list the name of those buried there." IN DNR Latitude 40.9922 Longitude 85.2253.
Rural cemetery located near 1090 Maples Road, about ¼ mile west of Anthony Boulevard South
Rural cemetery located near 6000 Winters Road at Buskirk Road. Earliest date October 10, 1856.
Rural cemetery located at 16933 Thiele Road, ½ mile south of the Yoder Road
Rural cemetery located at 14101 Thiele Road, between Hamilton and Pleasant Center Roads