Jefferson Township Churches
13240 Church Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46816
Organized in 1871 as Maples Protestant Church at the present location. Records before 1920 are at DePauw University Library, Greencastle, IN. Contact church for information on records after 1920.
15535 East Lincoln Highway, Besancon, IN 46774 260-749-4525
Organized in 1851 by French immigrants who settled in Jefferson Township about 1840. The first church was built the same year. In 1871 the present church was built at the same location. Birth, baptism, marriage and death records since 1865 are available. Confirmation records are available from 1923. Records are in Latin and English. Records have been microfilmed and are available along with a history of the church at the Allen County Public Library.