Lake Township Churches
Organized May 1837
11311 Arcola Road, Arcola, IN 46704 260-625-4103
Organized in 1871 at present location. Records exist from 1871. Call or write to the church for information.
North side of Yellow River Road, ½ mile from Bass Road
Organized in 1835. Church no longer exists. Cemetery across the street may be connected with the church (see Hadley Cemetery).
Butt Road, Fort Wayne, IN
Organized in 1852. Erected a church in 1852. Congregation disbanded and sold building to Lake Chapel United Methodist Church about 1865.
Lake Chapel United Methodist Church and Cemetery
8205 Butt Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 260-625-5330
Organized in 1850. Bought church from Free Will Baptist Church in 1865. Records include baptism, confirmation, marriage and death from 1850.
7914 W. Cook Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 260-489-5031
Organized in 1877 by members of St. John's Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne. In 1882 the church was built at the intersection of Cook and O'Day Roads. Records include baptism, confirmation, marriage and death and have been photocopied and are available along with a history of the church at the Allen County Public Library.
St. Patrick's Catholic Church of Arcola and Cemetery
12305 Arcola Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 260-625-4151
Organized in 1867. Present church was built in 1867. Records begun in 1873, but not complete. Baptism, first communion, marriage and death from 1873-1892 are available on microfilm at the Allen County Public Library. Check with the church for additional information.