Madison Township Churches
Organized in 1890. Originally the members attended the Methodist church in Middletown, Marion Twp. As the Hoagland community grew, they thought it desirable to build a church in Hoagland. The first structure was a white wooden frame building, which served the congregation until 1934 when it was completely destroyed by fire. In 1934 a new stone block church was completed at the same location. In 1995 the Hoagland United Methodist Church merged with the Poe United Methodist Church of Marion Township to form Hope United Methodist Church (see Marion Township).
Marquardt Lutheran Church and Cemetery
Hoffman and Grotrian Roads, Monroeville, IN 46773
Organized in 1882 by six Lutheran families. The present church was built in 1883. Records are held by: Mrs. Irvin Hoffman 15905 Monroeville Rd. Monroeville, IN 46773
East of Massilon Road on the Barkley Road Church no longer exists.
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church and Cemetery
North side of the Adair Road between Emenhiser and Houck Roads
In 1880 there was a Baptist church and cemetery at this location. The church is no longer there, but the cemetery remains (see Allen County cemeteries).
St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church - Flatrock and Cemetery
12912 Franke Road, Monroeville, IN 46773 260-639-6404
Organized in 1849 by members of St. John Lutheran Church Bingen in Adams County. In 1853 the first church was built near the present location. In 1881 the second church was erected. The present church was built in 1955. Records from 1849 for baptism, confirmation, marriage and death have been photocopied and are available along with a history of the church at the Allen County Public Library.