Milan Township Churches
Organized March 1838
About 1854 Mennonites settled at Gar Creek village 11 miles northeast of Fort Wayne. Services were held in Bethel Chapel. Regular services were discontinued about 1910." More information is found at The Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online (GAMEO).
Corner of Doty and Milan Center Roads
Organized in 1905/06 when a series of meetings were held in the old Milan Center schoolhouse. Land was donated and construction on the church was begun in 1906. Church disbanded sometime after 1954. Records may be at the DePauw University Library, Greencastle, IN.
Milan Evangelical Lutheran Church (Barnett Chapel) and Barnett Chapel Cemetery
State Road 37 and Barnett Road
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church - Gar Creek and Cemetery
1910 N. Berthaud Road, New Haven, IN 46774 260-749-5444
Organized in 1880 by members of Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, New Haven. Birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death records exist since 1880. Early records in German. Records have been photocopied and are available at the Allen County Public Library.