Monroe Township Churches
Organized March 1841
Christ Corner of Barkley Road and State Road 101
Organized in 1845. In 1872 a new church was built on the present site. Shared building with Shiloh Methodist Episcopal Church until 1879, when the Methodists built their own church one-half mile north. In 1968, the church merged with the Shiloh Methodist Episcopal Churchand became East Liberty United Methodist Church (see below).
Corner of State Road 101 and Barkley Road Mailing address: 115 Willow Run Drive, Monroeville, IN 46773
Organized in 1968 by the merger of Bethlehem Church of the United Brethren in Christ and Shiloh Methodist Episcopal Church. Records include birth from 1840, baptism from 1900, confirmation from 1965, marriage from 1900 and death from 1881. Contact church regarding records.
Flat Rock Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery
Corner of Rider and Morgan Roads
Organized in 1854. In 1924 the church merged with St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Monroeville. Records from 1854 to 1924 have been photocopied and are available at the Allen County Public Library.
Organized in 1894. In 1905 the church was built and dedicated. In 1968 the church merged with Monroeville United Methodist Church (see below).
Monroeville United Methodist Church and Cemetery
204 W. South Street, Monroeville, IN 46773 260-623-6275
Organized in 1847 with fourteen members. The first church was erected in 1865 at the present location. In 1895 a new church was built on the same site. Records since 1895 for birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death. Contact church regarding records.
201 E. South Street, Monroeville, IN 46773 260-623-3797
Organized in 1864. In 1866 a frame church was built. In 1914 the present church was built at the same location. Records started in 1850 for birth and baptism and in 1864 for confirmation, marriage and death. Records have been photocopied and are available along with a history of the church at the Allen County Public Library.
206 Summit Street, Monroeville, IN 46773 260-623-6437
Organized in 1868. The first church was erected in 1868, but was destroyed by fire in 1887. The present church was built in 1888. Records started in 1873, almost continuous except for some damaged by the fire. Birth and baptism from 1896, confirmation from 1924, marriage from 1873 and death from 1951. Records are available on microfilm at the Allen County Public Library.
Corner of Rider Road and State Road 101
Organized in 1845. Shared building with the United Brethren until 1879 when they built a church one-half mile north on State Road 101. In 1968 these two churches merged and became East Liberty United Methodist Church (see above).