Pleasant Township Churches

Organized June 1842

Fairview Church of God

5511 W. Yoder Road, Yoder, IN 46798 260-638-4270

Organized in 1881. Records on adult baptism, marriage, death and church members certificate. Write or call church for information.

Methodist Episcopal Church (Benton Chapel) and Cemetery

Coverdale Road north of Ferguson Road

Organized in 1835. Disbanded by 1880. (See also Allen County Cemeteries)

Mount Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church

Winters Road

Organized in 1864 and held services in a log house about one half mile north of original church building. In 1870 a church building was erected on Winters Road. In 1994 the congregation merged with Lord of Life Lutheran Church and in 1995 the name was changed to Risen Savior Lutheran Church, 8010 W. Jefferson Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46804 260-432-1214. Records on birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death started in 1847. Records have been photocopied and along with a history of the church are available at the Allen County Public Library.

Nine Mile United Methodist Church

6303 Winters Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46809 260-747-3459

1986 name changed from United Brethren Church of Christ after merger with the Methodist Church. Membership book has all records. Contact church for records.

Risen Savior Lutheran Church

8010 W. Jefferson Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46804 260-432-1214

In 1994 merged with Lord of Life Lutheran Church and in 1995 the name was changed to Risen Savior Lutheran Church. Records on birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death started in 1847 Mount Zion Evangelical Lutheran church. Records have been photocopied and along with a history of the church are available at the Allen County Public Library.

St. Aloysius Catholic Church and Cemetery

14623 Bluffton Road, Yoder, IN 46798 260-622-4491

Organized in 1858. In 1859 the present church was built. Records on baptism, confirmation, marriage and death from 1860 are available on microfilm at the Allen County Public Library. A church history was written in?

St. Mark's Lutheran Church and Cemetery

16933 Thiele Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46819 260-622-4886

Organized in 1855. Records from 1856 on baptism, confirmation, marriage and death. Records from 1856 to 1892 have been photocopied and are available at the Allen County Public Library.

United Brethren Church of Christ (Liberty Chapel)

Winters Road

Organized in 1853. First log church was built in 1854. A few years later a frame church was built at the same location and in 1906 the church was remodeled. In 1986 the name was changed to Nine Mile United Methodist Church after the merger of the United Brethren and the Methodist Church (see above).

Union Chapel Methodist Church

Dunkleberg and Bluffton Roads

About 1874 a little one-room frame church was erected on Bluffton Road from money and labor donated by neighborhood farmers. Several protestant groups used the building until 1903 when eleven charter members organized a Methodist Episcopal Church. The name of Union Chapel Methodist Church was adopted. In 1919 Union Chapel moved to Waynedale and the name was changed to Waynedale Methodist Episcopal Church now Waynedale United Methodist Church - Wayne Township).

Back to Top