Saint Joseph Township Churches
St. Joseph United Methodist Church
Formerly: St. Joseph Episcopal Methodist Church
Originally at the corner of St. Joe Road and St. Joe Center Road Now: 6004 Reed Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46815 260-485-9681
Organized in 1863. Little history between 1863 and 1897. In 1916 a brick church was built at the former site. In 1967 the present church was built. Contact church regarding records.
Corner of St. Joe Center and Hazelett Roads
Organized in 1869. A church was built in 1870. The congregation disbanded after 1880. Records are available with St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, Washington Township records and are on microfilm at the Allen County Public Library.
St. Peter's Lutheran Church and Cemetery
Originally at the corner of Maysville Road and State Street Now: 7710 E. State Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46815 260-749-5816
Organized in 1855 by members of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne who lived in the area. Records on birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death from 1855. Records have been photocopied and are available at the Allen County Public Library.
Taylor Chapel United Methodist Church
Formerly: Bowers Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church and Cemetery
Originally at the corner of Wheelock and Stellhorn Roads Now: 10145 Maysville Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835 260-749-8597
Organized in approximately 1865. First church was erected in the 1870s. In 1893 a larger church was built ¾ mile east on Maysville Road and the name was changed to Taylor Chapel. In 1964 the present church was erected. Records from approximately 1865 include birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death. Contact church for information.