Perry Township Churches
Organized September 1835
16021 Lima Road, Huntertown, IN 46748 260-637-3798
Organized in 1836 when six people met to form a church with the assistance of the First Methodist Church in Fort Wayne. Services were held in the Caswell School until 1846 when a frame building was erected across the street from the present church building. In 1900 the present building was dedicated. Records include baptism, marriage and death. Some records and a history of the congregation are available at the Allen County Public Library.
Corner of Auburn Road and DeKalb County Line Road
Organized in the early 1850s. Disbanded in 1922 when the church could not meet the financial requirements of the Methodist Conference. Members were to attend the church of their choice. No records can be found.
12707 Tonkel Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46845 260-484-1163
Organized in 1850 with meetings being held at a schoolhouse until 1851 when the present frame church was erected. They have some old records, but not sure of the dates. Contact church for information.
Salem Reform Church (Dutch Ridge) and Dutch Ridge Cemetery
Corner of Auburn and Chapman Roads
Organized about 1876. The church was disbanded in the 1940s but was still used for funerals until 1952. Church building is now a private home. Some records have been photocopied and are available at the Allen County Public Library.
Union Chapel United Brethren Church and Cemetery
12628 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46845 260-637-3017
Organized about 1858 and the church was built at that time. Contact church by mail for information.
Lima Road, Huntertown, IN
Organized in 1850. In 1851 the congregation erected a church on Lima Road. The church disbanded before 1917. No records exist.