Bastardy Case News Excerpts, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Allen County Bastardy cases as found in Fort Wayne News
- 2 Feb 1889 Before Squire France today the bastardy case of Elizabeth Neireiter vs. Noah Gressley, both of Madison Township, was heard.
- 4 Feb 1889 The bastardy case of Anna A. Bambrook vs. Elmer Bell was dismissed, the case being settled by the marriage of the parties concerned.
- 8 Feb 1889 The bastardy case of Elizabeth Neireiter, a deaf and dumb girl, against Noah Gressly, was heard this afternoon before Judge French.
- 14 Feb 1889 In the bastardy case of Delia M. Eddingfield against Arthur Kelsey, the circuit court returned a verdict for $325 in favor of the plaintiff.
- 26 Feb 1889 An affidavit for bastardy was filed last evening by Maggie Shaich against George Shaffer.
- 4 Mar 1889 The charge of bastardy brought against George Shaffer of this city by Maggie Sharch of St. Joe Township has been dismissed, the plaintiff fully exonerating him of the charge.
- 25 Mar 1889 The bastardy case of Elizabeth Neireiter vs. Noah Gressly was adjourned, the case having continued over two months.
- 26 Mar 1889 In the bastardy case of Elizabeth Neireiter vs. Noah Gressly, which has been up before Squire France for the past two months, the defendant was bound over in the sum of $600 to appear before the circuit court to answer the charge.
- 23 May 1889 The bastardy case of Christena Stine vs. Frank Webber has been appealed from Ryan's court to circuit court.
- 1 Oct 1889 Elizabeth Neireiter, a deaf and dumb girl who recently sued Noah Gressley for bastardy, gave birth to a child at the City Hospital at short time, and died last night at the hospital. The child still lives.