Bastardy Case News Excerpts, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Allen County Bastardy cases as found in Fort Wayne Daily Gazette unless otherwise noted.
- 1 Jan 1887 The bastardy case against Fritz Denkas was sent to Judge Harding's court yesterday on a change of venue.
- 8 Jan 1887 The bastardy case of Miss Caroline Grabb against some fellow unknown has been appealed by the state ex rel.
- 25 May 1887 There are seven bastardy cases on the Allen Circuit Court docket. The latest are those brought by Edna M. Richards and Rose Brehm. The defendants are Harvey L. Bamey and Charles Rahl. Miss Richards is but 17 years of age and is very pretty.
- 12 Aug 1887 Two months ago, the Gazette made mention of the perfidy of one Francis Scott Robinson, alias Householder, of Whitley County, who seduced a girl living near the Allen County line and then abandoned her and her child. A bastardy suit was brought in the Allen Circuit Court but the fellow could not be found.
- 17 Sep 1887 State ex rel. in circuit court, Sophia Linemeyer vs. John Himbert, bastardy; verdict that the defendant is father of the child.
- 13 Oct 1887 The bastardy suit in which Maud Stuck is relatrix and Levi E. Kuntz is defendant has been certified up from Ryan's court to circuit court.