Bastardy Case News Excerpts, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Allen County Bastardy cases as found in Fort Wayne Daily Gazette unless otherwise noted.
- 4 Jan 1896 Yesterday Wilmer Johnson of South Whitley was sent to jail being unable to furnish a bond of $350 to insure his appearance on the 9th inst. to answer a charge of bastardy preferred by Nancy J. Haynes of this city.
- 5 Jan 1896 W. Johnston was arrested Thursday evening by the Fort Wayne officers for bastardy. A Miss Haines is the plaintiff.
- 2 Feb 1896 Maude Lane commenced proceedings yesterday to recover a judgment of $97 awarded her in a suit of bastardy recently brought by her against John Gallagher.
- 20 Feb 1896 Emma Schelinar, the Huntertown maiden who swore to a complaint before Justice France charging Frank Vogel with bastardy, withdrew her charge yesterday when she saw 35 witnesses who stood ready to testify in behalf of the defendant.
- 27 Mar 1896 In Circuit Court the case of the state ex rel. Arminda Wyatt against Joseph Maurer, for bastardy was settled, the defendant paying $300.