Lafayette Township Churches
Organized in 1846
Aboite Christian Church
Aboite Road at Lafayette and Aboite Township lines
Organized before 1917. The church disbanded about 1997. This is all the information available about this church at this time.
Beech Grove Disciples Church
Aboite Road and Lafayette Center Road
Organized in 1865. No additional information is known about this church
German Evangelical Church (Albright Church) and Albright Cemetery
Corner of Indianapolis, Coverdale and Winters Roads
Organized in 1850. Church no longer exists, but the cemetery remains (see Allen County Cemeteries). Waynedale United Methodist Church bought the church bell.
11220 Lower Huntington Road, Roanoke, IN 46783 260-672-3036
Organized in 1852 at Beech School. Meetings were held at the school for three years or more, and then transferred to the "Hoosier" schoolhouse. During the Civil War a reorganization took place and Monson Chapel was built in 1870 at the present site. Records before 1948 have been lost.Back to top