Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana Resources
This page is still a work in progress.
Fort Wayne City Directories 1858 through 1920 are online and not copyright protected. The rest up to the present are available in the The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library.
Discover Downtown: Biking on Fort Wayne Trails - YouTube video from DowntownFtWayne
Discover Downtown: Summer Events - YouTube video from DowntownFtWayne
- Along the Heritage Trail at FortWayne.com features stories like Haunting tales Things that go bump in Fort Wayne's night by Tom Castaldi for Fort Wayne Magazine published October 29th, 2015.
- 50 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Fort Wayne by Cait White on Movoto Blog
- By The Way or once-upon-a-time but no longer exist places- mentions Manochio's, Trier Park, Java Shop in the Van Orman Hotel, Berghoff Gardens, English Terrace, and Keenan Hotel in Let's take a little walk through Fort Wayne's 'once-upon-a-time; places by Betty Stein
published September 11, 2012 in The News-Sentinel newspaper.
- Downtown 360° Virtual Tour an immersive 360° Virtual Tour of Downtown Fort Wayne by Fort Wayne's Downtown Improvement District
- Fort Wayne in 1816
Nothing but potential By Connie Haas Zuber published June 6th, 2016 in
Fort Wayne Magazine.
- Fort Wayne celebration of the Indiana Centennial in 1916 - 35 second silent video posted June 10, 2016 by The History Center on Facebook.
- Fort Wayne Indiana - Room For Dreams
- Fort Wayne Parks Department
- Friends of the Parks
- Historic Fort Wayne and Historic Old Fort information at City of Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
- Historic Baker Street Station
- History of City of Fort Wayne
- History of Fort Wayne.com
- Fort Wayne History Center
- Fort Wayne Journal Gazette newspaper
- Fort Wayne News Sentinel newspaper
- Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
- Home for many inventions
- Liberty Bell in 1915 Fort Wayne
- Images of America Fort Wayne, Indiana by Ralph Violette
- Fort Wayne Local Historic Districts - ARCH ( Architecture and Community Heritage)
- 18 photos over the years posted and discussed March 26, 2017 You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... on Facebook
- Scottish Cultural Society of Fort Wayne
- Whistler and the Last Two American Forts at the Three Rivers by Tom Castaldi published June 26, 2014 on History Center Notes & Queries blog.
Google ebooks About Fort Wayne
- Hard News, Heartfelt Opinions: A History of the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, by The Journal Gazette newspaperand Scott M. Bushnell, Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN, 2007 - 197 pages
- Historic Photos of Fort Wayne, by Scott M. Bushnell, Turner Publishing Company, Sep 14, 2007 - Biography & Autobiography - 204 pages
- Remembering Fort Wayne by Scott M. Bushnell, Ingram Pub Services, May 31, 2010 - 134 pages
- History of Fort Wayne: From the Earliest Known Accounts of this Point, to ... by Wallace A. Brice, D.W. Jones & Son, Fort Wayne, IN, 1868
- Twentieth century history of Fort Wayne by John Ankenbruck, Twentieth Century Historical Fort Wayne, Inc., 1975 - 626 pages
- Wolf and Dessauer: Where Fort Wayne Shopped by Jim Barron, Kathie Barron, The History Press, Charleston, S.C., 2011
- Wolf & Dessauer: An Album of Memories. Volume II., Volume 2, 2004 - 138 pages
Back to top