Maumee Township Churches
Organized in March 1836
Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church
Corner of Scipio and River Roads
Organized in 1860. The first church was not built until 1893. Merged with Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church and St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church (both of Springfield Township) to form Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in 1961 (see Springfield Township).
4412 Park Street, Woodburn, IN 46797 260.632.4821
Organized in 1898 by a group of German Lutherans residing near and in Woodburn who were released by Zion Lutheran Church of Bull Rapids. The first house of worship was dedicated in 1899. The present building was dedicated in 1951. Birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage and death records since 1862 have been photocopied and are available along with a history of the church at the Allen County Public Library.
Westwood Fellowship Mennonite Church and Cemetery
4100 Becker Road, Woodburn, IN 46797 260.632.4828
Organized in 1893. Records are very sketchy and require a long search. See also, Allen County Cemeteries - Woodburn Mennonite Cemetery.
5108 Bull Rapids Road, Woodburn, IN 46797 260.632.4615
Organized in 1906. In 1909 the present church was built. Records on early membership and some baptism by 1915. Contact church for information.
Woodburn United Methodist Church
4300 Becker Road, Woodburn, IN 46797 260.632.5313
Organized in 1871. Records before 1921 are available at DePauw University Library, Greencastle, IN, and available through the mail. Records after 1921 include baptism, confirmation, marriage and death and are available in person or by mail.
7616 Bull Rapids Road, Woodburn, IN 46797 260.632.4679
Organized in 1888 by German immigrants. In 1889 a log building was erected as a church and school. In 1902 the present church building was erected. Records on baptism, confirmation, marriage and death started in 1888. Early records are in German. Contact church regarding records. A history of the church is available at the Woodburn branch of the Allen County Public Library.Back to top