The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana has births, church, court house, deaths, land, marriage, military, probate, tax and vital records on 100s of rolls of microfilm on Allen County and the rest of Indiana. They also have a multi-page list of books for Allen County and Fort Wayne to research in the library. Some of these records are found on our pages with more added as they upload public domain images online.
Allen County Records are also at FamilySearch. Many records are only viewable at an LDS affiliated library such as the Allen County Public Library.
Indiana county boundaries changed several times since the formation of the Northwest Territories around 1800. The Indiana page at the ATLAS OF HISTORICAL COUNTY BOUNDARIES at The Newberry Library by the Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture shows how the boundaries of the 92 counties in Indiana were added and changed over time. Additional information can be found in Finding those county line changes by Judy G. Russell published Februay 5, 2018 in her The Legal Genealogist blog.
Town Web Sites
Grabill official town web site.
Huntertown official town web site.
Leo-Cedarville official town web site.
New Haven offical town web site.
Woodburn official town web site.
- Allen County in 1816? No, there wasn’t one by Tom Castaldi, local historian,for Fort Wayne Magazine Friday, May 27th, 2016.
- 2012 Allen County Annual Report - Building Toward the Future - with Maplecrest Road extension on front cover
- 2011 Allen County Annual Report - New Beginnings... ...and New Missions
- 2010 Allen County Annual Report -
- Allen County Fun Facts and more by Steve Warden published June 15, 2016 by The Journal Gazette newspaper.
- Allen County historical folder information in the Manuscripts & Rare Books Division Indiana State Library on IN.gov the online Finding Aid Index
- Allen County Legacy Projects for 2016 Indiana Bicentennial on IN.gov.
- Allen County Major Employers list at Community Research Institute at IPFW - Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Aerial maps of Allen County back to 1938 on iMap GIS Data Viewer Allen County. Top right choose Aerial > Open Historical Imagery > Choose years from 1938 to present.
- Allen County USGenWeb Archives
- Applications for Naturalization, 1844-1906 at the Genealogy Center. Information includes name, date of application, native country. Later ones also include age, port of embarkation, and date and place of arrival.
- Association of Indiana Counties web site
- Over 90,000 ebooks , over 21,000 cataloged as genealogy, from the The Genealogy Center collection at the Internet Archive
- Allen County, Indiana books on FamilySearch.org Family History Books
- Inventory of the county archives of Indiana Volume 2 Allen County (Fort Wayne) 1939 by Historical Records Survey (Ind.); Indiana Historical Bureau at the Internet Archive. Search other county volumes.
- Livingston's Law Register, 1851 on Google books Allen County Lawyers
- S. U. Goodwin's Allen County gazetteer and business directory for 1862 (Volume yr.1862) - Beeks, James C., comp ebook on Internet Archive
- History of Allen County, Indiana published in 1880 by Kingman Brothers ebook on Internet Archive
- History of the Maumee River basin from the earliest account to its organization into counties by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; Robertson, R. Stoddart, 1839-; published 1905 ebook on Internet Archive Allen County Public Library copy
- History of the Maumee River Basin : from the earliest account to its organization into counties Volume 1 with photo by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; published 1905 ebook on Internet Archive University of Toronto copy
- History of the Maumee River Basin : from the earliest account to its organization into counties Volume 1 by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; published 1905 ebook on Internet Archive is The Library of Congress copy
- History of the Maumee River Basin : from the earliest account to its organization into counties Volume 1 by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; published 1905 ebook on Internet Archive is Allen County Public Library copy
- History of the Maumee River basin from the earliest account to its organization into counties Volume 2 by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; Robertson, R. Stoddart, 1839-; published 1905 on Internet Archive Lincoln Collection copy
- History of the Maumee River basin from the earliest account to its organization into counties Volume 3 by Slocum, Charles Elihu, 1841-1915; Robertson, R. Stoddart, 1839-; published 1905 ebook on Internet Archive Allen County Public Library copy
- Interurban railways of Allen County, Indiana by Bates, Roy M.; Topics Street-railroads--Indiana--Allen County, Allen County (Ind.)--History; Publisher Fort Wayne, Indiana : Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County, 1958; Collection allen_county; americana
- Over 20 titles by Charles Elihu Slocum on Internet Archive
- History of the Maumee Valley, commencing with its occupation by the French in 1680 (1872) - Knapp, Horace S. ebook on Internet Archive
- Map of Allen County, Indiana : roads by Darling, Orin M; Tonkel, William; Lindemuth, C. Ross Published 1923
- The water-powered mills of Allen County, Indiana by Bates, Roy M. Topics Water mills--Indiana--Allen County--History, Indiana--Industries--History, Allen County (Ind.)--Industries--History Publisher [Fort Wayne, Indiana] : Roy M Bates, [1945?] Collection allen_county; americana
Indiana Archives and Records Administration also see ELECTRONIC RECORDS and new in 2017 Search Archives Holdings and Help With Your Research video seen below. INDIANA ARCHIVES AND RECORDS ADMINISTRATION LAUNCHES RESEARCH INDIANA CATALOG Press Release Bulletin published October 3, 2017.
Indiana Laws and Statutes page on Cyndi's List is important to understand the laws of the time and place when and where our ancestors lived.
Indiana State Library Encounter the Past online digital collection of photos and more.
STATE IMAGING AND MICROFILM LABORATORY on IN.gov
The Indiana/Virginia land dispute letters dated November 4, 1779 by Bethany Fiechter on Indiana State Library blog on IN.gov.
The Naming of Indiana by Cyrus W. Hodgin 1903 article on Indiana Historical Bureau on IN.gov.
Internet Archive ebooks
- Indiana Historical Collections
- Indiana Historical Bureau collection
- American Heritage Archive 1949-Present magazine articles, Trusted Writing on History, Travel, Food and Culture since 1949.
- Family Research at DPLA The Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) is a free national digital library that provides access to millions of materials from libraries, archives, and museums across the US.
- Forgotten Books - reprinted book service with many titles.
- Genealogy over 160,000 ebooks on Internet Archive.
Back to top