Fort Wayne straddles the northern township line with Yoder the main town of rural Pleasant Township.
The first death was that, of Mrs. Mary Bay, wife of David Bay, and sister of Horney Robinson. She died in 1841, and was buried on the farm of her brother. Several other interments were made on the same farm at a later date, but the place was not set apart, for a cemetery.
East side of the Coverdale Road, 0.2 mile north of the Ferguson Road
Methodist. Earliest date October 2, 1851. Not in use. DAR page states "The township trustees along with descendants of those buried in the cemetery erected new stones that list the name of those buried there." IN DNR Latitude 40.9922 Longitude 85.2253.
St. Aloysius Church. — In the autumn of 1858, Rev. Jacob Mayer, of Decatur, visited the scattered Catholics living in Pleasant township. He held religious services at the residence of Frederick Weaver. This was the first time so far as is known that mass was offered in this neighborhood. The year following, the erection of a small church was agreed upon. The Miller and Harber families were the pioneers of the settlement, and principally constituted this new congregation. They took charge of building the new edifice, which was 29x36 feet. Christian Miller donated three acres of land east of the so-called Bluffton plank
road. An additional acre was purchased in 1878 for a cemetery. Mrs. Christian Miller, whose energetic services in the interest of the church were cheerfully recognized, was asked to select the name of a saint under whose tutelage the church should be dedicated to the worship of God. She selected the name "St. Aloysius."