- The Indiana Adoption Program at the Indiana Department of Child Services on IN.gov.
- July 1, 2018 - A new law that went into effect allowing any Indiana resident adopted before January 1, 1993 to request access to their adoption records. Those records were previously sealed. Senate Enrolled Act 91 opens the records unless the biological parent files a contact preference form to restrict access. Eligible individuals must register with the Adoption Matching Registry at the Indiana State Department of Health
- Adoptions page at IN.gov.
- Indiana Adoptees Network web page and Facebook page posts videos and other useful information.
- Adoptees to have greater access to birth records on July 1st by Scott Swain published May 15, 2018 on WTHR TV.com.
- New adoption records law brings renewed hope for woman in search of sister with video by Angelica Robinson posted August 30, 2018 on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15. It briefly mentions the resources at The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Back to top