Fort Wayne area videos
- 1938 Vintage Fort Wayne, Indiana Footage video shorts found by Advanced Media Integration - Downtown - trolley cars running down Main Street, the Baltes Hotel, the Keenan Hotel, and Hotel Anthony; Trains, Buses, and Planes - Pennsylvania Depot, now Baker Street, old Greyhound bus station, Smith Field Airport; Fort Wayne Theaters - Emboyd now the Embassy, Paramount Theater; Fort Wayne Parks and Beach - Memorial Park, Fort Wayne Japanese Gardens, Reservoir Park and Municipal Beach; Historic Building of Fort Wayne - International Harvester Plant, General Electric Building, Chamber of Commerce, City Light Office, City Hall & Police Headquarters (now the History Center), the Telephone Company, and the Filtration Plant; Schools of Fort Wayne - Concordia College and North Side High School; City of Churches - Concordia Lutheran Church, Trinity English Lutheran Church, and Saint Jude’s Catholic Church;
- Access Fort Wayne channel of YouTubes at the Allen County Public Library covers various topics
- 1950s Drive Through Fort Wayne Indiana - Street Scenes posted July 8, 2020 by G Cast on YouTube
- City TV Features City of Fort Wayne list of videos since September 2012
- Fort Wayne History 5 minute YouTube by Matt G published April 23, 2014
- Historic Old Fort / Fort Wayne, IN 5 minute aerial YouTube by Carl Simons Jr. published June 2, 2015
- Ft. Wayne Interurban short 1.5 minute YouTube by Bedford Milw published February 2, 2015
- Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons interview of sports memorabilia collector Don Graham on the The Weekly Special published March 27, 2014
- The Fort Report with Kevin Leininger - 30 minute interview December 23, 2012 with Allen County Public Library's Curt Witcher discussing the library's Lincoln genealogical collections and opportunities posed by the digital revolution.
- INFortWayne Video Archive INfortwayne video archive of area events and activities
- Life's Better Here videos by WPTA21 ABC TV station showing local communites in northeast Indiana - Fort Wayne 2012 - Fort Wayne 2011 - Fort Wayne 2010 - New Haven 2012 - New Haven 2011 - New Haven 2010 - Grabill 2012 - Grabill 2011 - Grabill 2010 - and Holidays Are Better Here - Fort Wayne 2011.
- 21 Country Stories from WPTA21 ABC TV station about local places and people in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio on the Allen County Community Album at the Allen County Public Library announced August 21, 2020 Eric Olson retires; ACPL launches 21Country archive on theWPTA website. The Community Album started with 5 videos, the page states he produced nearly 3,000 featured stories on interesting people, places and history. Some are archived as 21Country videos formerly Your Country on the Wayback Machine.
- Lincoln Financial Collection at the Allen County Public Library October 9, 2009 on ACPL YouTube John Beatty of ACPL and Eric Olsen of WPTA21 ABC TV station
- “My City”, the song that helped build pride in Fort Wayne, became so popular that local rapper Nyzzy Nyce decided to take it national and help build a sense of pride in every city across America. See rapper video on "My City" National Version Released Wednesday by Rachel Martin November 21, 2012 of WPTA21 ABC TV station. See also Nyzzy Nyce on MyCityMovement.com and HipHop4theCity.com.
- PrimeTime39 Friday night interview show on the local PBS39 WFWA Fort Wayne archives their videos on their website wfwa.org/localshows/prime-39 and vimeo vimeo.com/pbs39/videos .
- Fort Wayne Street Series: March 1974 is a nearly hour-long video on the Access YouTube channel published on November 23, 2015.
- Street Scene Series is individual videos from the hour long Access video above on the Allen County Public Library YouTube channel. This
is a series of Fort Wayne landmarks documented on open reel video tape in the 1970s. The series was made possible by the Fort Wayne Public Library, now the Allen County Public Library.YouTube playlist at the Allen County Public Library updated November 11, 2016 stated
The Street Scenes and Fort Wayne Landmarks series' as an attempt to preserve the flavor of some of the older, mainly residential areas of Fort Wayne. Series 2 consists of wide-angle views taken from a car moving slowly through the designated areas.
- Wolf & Dessauer: Fort Wayne History 3 minute YouTube3rd book promotion by Jim Barron by WANE NewsChannel 15 published November 13, 2011
- YourStories Made Here - northeast Indiana videos
- Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana Marge and Adam interview on 35th Anniversary of ACGSI 17 Minutes by Linda Jackson on IndianaNewsCenter in June 2011
- American Ancestors - New England Historic Genealogical Society - Webinars
- Ancestry.com Academy - 100s of video courses
- Ancestry.com YouTube videos such as Back to the Basics: Genealogy 101 since July 15, 2008
- Ancestry.com Desktop Education Series - YouTube channel of mostly 15-20 minute videos and Livestream
- Archives.com YouTube channel videos since March 31, 2010
- BlogTalkRadio - Saturday afternoons, archived prior broadcasts, presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies - each week they tackle the issues that confront genealogy societies. My Society - BlogTalkRadio - Archives
- BYU Family History Library YouTubes on many subjects from backups to software
- Educational Videos on Internet Archive might have a few genealogy gems hidden in the over 4,000 free online videos.
- FamilySearch videos such as 3 minute FamilySearch Getting Started Videos and 5 Minute Genealogy: Find A Record In Five Minutes and Genealogy for Beginners 5 minute videos.
- FamilySearch Learning Center 5 minute videos
- FamilySearch Online Family History Research Lessons - links to other online courses
- FamilySearch Research Courses - organized by country
- FamilyTreeMaker/Ancestry.com Webinars
- FHISO: Family History Standards for Your Genealogy Society December 15, 2012 an hour long video - also has archived videos
- The Genealogy Center Videos - quick guides
- Genealogy Center YouTube channel had 55 videos last updated December 9, 2020 including recent Zoom webinars and more
- Genealogy Gems Podcasts - Your Family History Show
- GeneaWebinars – A Directory of Upcoming Genealogy Webinars by Geneabloggers also archives previous webinars
- Geni Podcast on iTunes - Learn About Genealogy by Geni, Inc.
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars a new video is Free every week usually Wednesday, often additional video on Tuesday or Friday, then after one week requires a subscripton, over 500 videos. They have a Webinar Library: Free collection
- National Screening Room has hundreds of free historical films, commercials, newsreels & other clips at The National Archives.
- Relative Roots - most have a fee - some are archived webinars
- RootsMagic Webinars
- RootsTechhosted by FamilySearch in late winter, is the largest global family history event in the world! See previous year's videos. See video of Curt Witcher, Manager of The Genealogy Center, at RootsTech 2011 in high definition (click arrow box for full screen)
- So Many Genealogy-Related YouTube Channels, So Little Time! on Upfront With NGS - The Blog for the National Genealogical Society.
- U.S. National Archives YouTubechannel has annual Genealogy Fair videos live streaming, then archived back to 2005 and almost 900 videos on their YouTube Channel not specific to genealogy - but does have annual program Know Your Records See NARA and You by Judy G. Russel published October 27, 2017 on her The Legal Genealogist blog.
Movies and Television Shows filmed in or mention Fort Wayne
- Late 1930's called 'Mama Steps Out' that shows up on TCM every so often. The family in the movie is from Ft. Wayne and they go to Europe to become more cultured and comedy ensues
- Appointment With Danger, 1951, starring Alan Ladd set in Gary and Fort Wayne, even though that first shot was in LA (note the mountains), the second shot was apparently in the real Fort! See many photos and discussion on Movie Review: Appointment with Danger (1951) posted September 8, 2011 on the caseykoester blog. See TCM Turner Classic Movie review. Discussed March 31, 2019 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook.
- Night of Evil....1962, starring Lisa Gaye and William Campbell. It was filmed in Fort Wayne in the summer and fall of 1960 by director Richard Galbreath of Galbreath Productions. It premiered January 27, 1962 at the local Embassy Theater. Discussed December 27, 2016, January 21, 2018 and February 16, 2018 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook. Night of Evil (1962) on IMDb and NIGHT OF EVIL(1962) on TCMdb and Night of Evil (1962) A moron’s act of violence initiates a years-long cycle of tragedy! by realthog published June 10, 2017. See photos and a short article Jan. 27, 1962: 'Night of Evil' premieres by Corey McMaken published October 10, 2019 in the History Journal newsletter of The Journal Gazette newspaper
- Patrick Drudge Back in the early 1960s Dick Galbreath who was known for doing Eckrich commercials made a feature-length film in Fort Wayne the premiered at the Embassy Theatre
- The Fugitive (1963) Season 3 Episode 22 Running Scared filmed in Fort Wayne. Discussed December 28, 2016 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook.
- Planet of the Apes (1968) Taylor talks with Dr. Zaius movie was discussed September 10, 2017, July 23, 2017, July 24, 2017, and July 30, 2019 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook. Jefferson School was a real school discussed when Taylor (Charleton Heston) says to Zira and Cornelius that he learned to write at "Jefferson ... Elementary or High ... School ... Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- 1974 Animal House with John Belushi mentioned Fawn Leibowitz from Fort Wayne killed in a kiln accident discussed August 14, 2017 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook.
- Evening Magazine (series that ran from 1976-1989 that has parts of it filmed in Ft. Wayne)
- Savage Beach...1989
- In the Company of Men director Neil Labute (Jason Dixie)...1997
- 1994 "The Endless Bread"
- The Freak....1999 (parts were filmed in Ft. Wayne, Spencerville, Cedar Canyons, Garrett, Auburn and Waterloo)
- Healed by Grace....2012
- Midget Zombie Takeover....2013
- The Stray....2016
- Thy Neighbor (actually filmed in Auburn, IN) 2017 (currently in post production)
- Two Steps from Hope....2017 (filmed in Decatur, IN)
- NCIS Season 15, Episode 7 Burden of Proof aired November 7, 2017 showed an aerial view of the Allen County Courthouse. Discussed November 7, 2018 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook. CBS All Access subscriers can watch it at NCIS Burden of Proof S15 E7.
- The Spell of 13 (Indie horror flick) filmed at the old Northcrest movie theaters
- David Carradine and Mariel Hemingway shot at North Side High School called American Reel filmed in Lincoln Tower, O'Sullivans, Knotty Pine motel on Goshen among others http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0140806/?ref=m_nv_sr_1 ; Discussed July 24, 2017 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Closed group on Facebook.
- Books set in Fort Wayne: https://www.goodreads.com/places/1947-fort-wayne-indiana
- Movies set in Fort Wayne: Most Popular Titles With Location Matching "Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA"
Televeision Characters from Fort Wayne
- M.A.S.H.- Frank Burns;
- TV series Glee was set in Fort Wayne, but not filmed here.
- Shelley Long the actress was in 142 episodes on the Cheers 1983-1993 TV series.
The LibriVox Free Audiobook Collectionpublic domain recordings founded in 2005 with over 10,000 titles on Internet Archive.Back to top