free genealogy since 1996
Allen County, Indiana Genealogy
Junior High and Middle Schools
This is Not a comprehensive research list of Allen County schools. Most information is collected from photos posted and discussions appearing on social media. Eventually web sites, addresses and phone numbers will be added as time permits. Because there are so many schools a separate page exists for Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
Adams Junior High School
This are only two Adams Junior High School items on Internet Archive.
Blackhawk Christian School
Blackhawk Middle School
Fairfield Junior High School
Franklin Junior High School
- Franklin Junior High School 1962 49 photos
- Franklin Junior High School 1967 63 photos and posted again April 8, 2017 with 64 photos
- Franklin Junior High School 1970 64 photos
- Franklin Junior High School 1971 65 photos
- Fort Wayne Parks department announces Franklin School Park pavilion donor by Kevin Kilbane published March 10, 2017 in The News-Sentinel newspaper.
- Photos of Franklin School Park posted and discussed April 22, 2017 and April 26, 2017 on You are positively from Fort Wayne, if you remember... Archived group only visible to existing members on Facebook.
- Fort Wayne’s Franklin School Park dedication a culmination of neighborhoods, government collaboration with photos by Kevin Kilbane published December 1, 2017 on The News-Sentinel newspaper.
Jefferson Middle School
Photo caption Jefferson Middle School under construction in 1967. #TBT posted March 7, 2019 by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schoolson Facebook and Twitter.
For "Throwback Thursday" we dug this out of The Ol' Scrapbook! This is from the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette dated May 10, 1966 after Fort Wayne Community Schools Board approved the plan for Jefferson Junior High School on the Wheelock Road. By the way.....Hofer and Davis, Inc. did the Boundary and Topographic Surveys for FWCS! July 28, 2016 post by Hofer and Davis, Inc. Land Surveyors on Facebook.
- Jefferson Junior High School 1970-71 74 photos
- Jefferson Junior High School 1971-72 77 photos
Geyer, Ben F. Middle School
Named for Benjamin Franklin Geyer was changed to Towles Intermediate School in 2006. Older photo posted March 29, 2018 by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schoolson Twitter.
Kekionga Middle School
Lakeside Middle School
FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schools photo
A photo with a short article stating:
Jenness Clark and Ronald Bennett, ninth-grade students at Lakeside Junior High School, stand with a bell that once called students to class at the Lakeside (elementary) School, which they had attended. The elementary school was being demolished, but the bell was removed Sept. 27, 1960, and taken to the junior high. A caption with the photo indicated the bell would not ring again. opied from `Sept. 27, 1960: A day in photos of Fort Wayne by Corey McMaken posted August 25, 2022 in the
History Journal features and stories of historical interest from the archives of The Journal Gazette.
A photo of Students leaving Lakeside Junior High a few decades ago. The school - now Lakeside Middle School - opened in 1959 was posted April 4, 2019 by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schoolson Facebook and Twitter.
- Lakeside Junior High School 1961 50 photos
- Lakeside Junior High School 1965 64 photos
- Lakeside Junior High School 1966 58 photos
- Lakeside Junior High School 1970 65 photos
- Lakeside Junior High School 1975 64 photos
- Lakeside Junior High School 1979 43 photos
Lane Middle School
Named for Chester T. Lane principal of the Fort Wayne High School, 1879-1915. Webpage: www.fwcs.k12.in.us/Lane. Lane Middle School under construction in the early 1960s. The school opened in 1965.
April 11, 2019 post by Fort Wayne Community Schools on Facebook and Twitter.
Lane Middle School under construction in the early 1960s. The school opened in 1965. #TBT
The school Dedication was on Sunday March 28th, 1965, so my grandfather’s letter was prior.states the November 10, 2022 share on True Fort Wayne Indiana History on Facebook of their November 10, 2016 post by Hofer and Davis, Inc. Land Surveyors on Facebook stating:
Back on March 12, 2015 we shared the February 26, 1964 Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette architect's sketch of the proposed Chester T. Lane Junior High School for "Throwback Thursday". We received this letter recently from Ken Cole's widow (Ken was one of the architects working on the school) that A.K. Hofer penned in response to Principal Ralph McClain's invitation to particpate in the school dedication as a memorial to Mr. Lane. A.K. credited Mr. Lane as being "his most influential teacher" in Bert J. Griswold's 1926 book "BUILDERS OF GREATER FORT WAYNE". We think this letter is a testament of A.K. Hofer's regard of Mister Chester T. Lane and we thank Mrs. Cole for sending it.
- Axe and Shield yearbooks starting in 1966-1984 at The Genealogy Center and same yearbooks online at Internet Archive.
- Chester T. Lane Junior High School 1968 67 photos at the original Great Memories and History of Fort Wayne, Indiana page on Facebook
- Chester T. Lane Junior High School 1971 72 photos at the original Great Memories and History of Fort Wayne, Indiana page on Facebook
- Chester T. Lane Junior High School 1985 37 photos at the original Great Memories and History of Fort Wayne, Indiana page on Facebook
Memorial Park Middle School
Was under construction in the August 1966 photo posted May 23, 2019 by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schoolson Facebook and Twitter.
Miami Middle School
Photo of the entrance of Miami Middle School that opened in 1976 with Max Lake as its first principal was posted May 30, 2019 on Facebook and Twitter by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schools. Miami Junior High School 1972 65 photos
Northwood Middle School
- Northwood Junior High School 1963 67 photos
- Northwood Junior High School 1976 63 photos
Portage Middle School
- Photo posted November 30, 2017 on Twitter by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Portage Junior High School 1965 59 photos
- Portage Middle School 1971 58 photos - March 10, 2015 post and repeated October 21, 2015 post
Shawnee Middle School
- Shawnee Junior High School 1972 50 photos
- Shawnee Junior High School 1975 53 photos
- Shawnee Junior High School 1980 33 photos
Village Woods Junior High School
1966 yearbook at Archive.org. Many more Norseman at the The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Weisser Park Junior High School
- 1965 yearbook
- 1970 yearbook58 photos
- Photo of Weisser Park Arts Magnet School in the summer of 1977 posted June 7, 2018 on Twitter by FWCS, Fort Wayne Community Schools.
Woodside Middle School
Woodside Middle School 1978 32 photos
Back to top