The Genealogy Center
Back to top
The Internet Archive digital collection with over 90,000 ebooks from the Allen County Public Library and 15,000 ebooks in the Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection makes them available to billions of people around the world. Volumes that in the past may have been opened only a few times a year are now often downloaded thousands of times each month! Links to those ebooks are still being organized on our pages by topics such as cemetery, church, or school.
The Genealogy Center has a Photocopy Exchange Program. If you have written a family history you can give them a manuscript and receive 1 bound copy for you and 1 bound copy for their collection. This is how many of the very rare family history volumes arrive in their collection. Copied from their April 9, 2015 Facebook post by The Genealogy Center.
Back to top
More Videos About the Library
- ACPL YouTube video page
- Access Fort Wayne has a searchable Video On Demand page and Access Fort Wayne channel of YouTubes
- 15 minute video Dedication of the Discovery Center at the The Genealogy Center YouTubepublished March 15, 2016 by AccessFortWayne.
- Genealogy Center, Allen County Public Library 9 minute video with librarians John and Amy Beatty published August 14, 2007
- Genealogy Center, Allen County Public Library II 7:30 minute video with librarian John Beatty published August 14, 2007
- Ancestors Are Interesting 7 minute video of school children published March 13, 2012
- Internet Archive Midwest Digitization Center 9:30 minute video published January 3, 2016
- Family History Month at the Genealogy Center one minute video published October 4, 2016
- The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library 4:30 minute video by Visit Fort Wayne published October 21, 2009 YouTube
- How to File a FOIA Request with the National Archives US National Archives published March 9, 2017 by the US National Archives
- Street Scenes--New Haven Public Library Published by Allen County Public Libraryon YouTube November 11, 2016.
This clip is from the July 2nd, 1976 taping of New Haven from the Street Scenes Series created by Steven Fortriede. Produced by the Fort Wayne Public Library. Camera and Editing by Steve Fortriede.
- Allen County Public Library Website
- Allen County Public Library Community Album digital images
- Library transforms photos into history about the Community Album at the Allen County Public Library by Frank Gray published February 4, 2016 in The Journal Gazette newspaper.
- Allen County Public Library wiki at FamilySearch.
- Allen County Public Library at the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia article
- Allen County’s Amazing Library from Fort Wayne Monthly “Along the Heritage Trail with Tom Castaldi” – March 2011, No. 76. re-published November 24, 2015 on History Center Notes & Queries blog.
- Allen County Public Library Film local sports videos at the Internet Archive on Zollner Pistons
- Genealogy Center web site
- Allen County Resources at The Genealogy Center
- ebooks 30,000 titles on Allen County, Indiana at the Internet Archive
- ebooks of pamplets and stories on local people and places by Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County
- Friends of Allen County Free Databases at the Genealogy Center
- Over 36,000 rolls of Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center-microfilm at the Internet Archive from the The Genealogy Center Microtext by County list
- Over 90,000 eBooks digitized from the The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Libraryby the The Genealogy Center
- Instagram Account: www.instagram.com/genealogycenter
- Carnegie Libraries, Indiana received more Carnegie grants than any other state from Indiana at 200: Carnegie libraries distinguish Indiana's intellectual landscape by Andrea Neal published March 1, 2016 in The Herald-Tribune.
- Family Bibles list - More Free Family Bibles published May 9, 2017 on The Genealogy Center blog.
- Finding historical sports items at ACPL can be fun adventure by Blake Sebring published December 26, 2017 in The News-Sentinel newspaper.
- The Genealogy Center Our Blog
- Genealogical reference materials available in the Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County by Wilkens, Cleo Goff; Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County Publication date 1959
- History Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 on The Genealogy Center blog
- Harold Henderson's 26 page pdf on his Midwestern Microhistory: A Genealogy Blog Finding Ancestors in Fort Wayne: The Genealogist's Unofficial One-Stop Guide to the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center.
- Indiana State Library has millions of records in their 18 Indexes - see their List of Indexes.
- Genealogy Librarian finds distant relatives of Vietnam veteran honored by community December 29, 2015 Facebook post.
- Librarian able to find family of WWII flier January 3, 2016 Facebook post.
- Microtext Catalog at The Genealogy Center
- Online databases at The Genealogy Center
- PERSI - PERiodical Source Index at FindMyPast.com is a subject index to genealogy and local history periodical literature began in 1985. See Essential U.S. periodicals available now, Inside the digital revolution: The power behind PERSI, and Tips & tricks for searching PERSI like a pro by Frederick Wertz published May 2, 2016, Find your ancestors in Periodical Source Index at FindMyPast.com is adding online digital images linked to search results. PERSI scopes out genealogy journals - Index developed at ACPL gets to root of the issue a short history and future plans July 14, 2013 by Dan Stockman of The Journal Gazette newspaper. You can search the Allen County Lines quarterly publication of the Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana that is also on the ACGSI Lines page. Pre-1923 off copyright publications indexed on PERSI can be found on the Find My Past PERSI Collection on Internet Archive.
- Records relating to War of 1812 over 450 rolls of microfilmed National Archive Indexes at the The Genealogy Center
- Think of Us Before You Move.... blog posted by The Genealogy Center May 28, 2015
- Beyond books : Allen County's public library history, 1895-1995 - Slater-Putt, Dawne, Includes bibliographical references and index
- Finding list of the Public Library ... 1897 .. (Volume yr.1897) - Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County published a book of all the titles in the library in 1897!
Back to top