1808-10 Bluffton Rd, Fort Wayne, opened as the Clyde Theater April 19, 1951. It was named after builder Clyde Quimby. It was one of the nation’s first and largest suburban movies houses when it opened. In 1976, the theater was twinned and renamed the Quimby Theaters. Later was used as a church, then closed in 1994. Quimby Village Theatrehas history, comments, and photos on the cinematour.com Cinema History Around the World page. cinema Treasures also has some information and comments. Vacant Quimby Village theater has businesses reeling Unused property slows shopping center's revival by Kevin Leininger published February 8, 2011 in The News-Sentinel newspaper. Renovation of long-vacant Quimby theater moving forward Will be one of 10 businesses receiving city facade grants by Kevin Leininger published March 14, 2013 in The News-Sentinel newspaper. March 14, 2013 ARCH ( Architecture and Community Heritage)on Facebook stated:
When completed, this project could be transformational for the Quimby Village area posting 20 Clyde Theater Renovation photos. City of Fort Wayne - QUIMBY VILLAGE AREA TO GET MAKEOVER AS PART OF CITY'S 2013 FACADE GRANT PROGRAM Nine other businesses also receive grants.
Back to top